February 4 meeting Notes - Data WG

 

Data Purchase and Access Working Group - Teleconference February 3, 2011

Tracey, Ken, Louisa, Ian, Isabelle, Carla, Irena

Final number of respondents = 796.

Action Item : decision about showing numbers and percentages, according to total number of respondents per each question: leave the decision up to the group member creating the chart. However, definitely display the # of respondents for each question.

Q5 – would like to know the total number of respondents. Suggestion to add the number of respondents that said not applicable on a separate chart.

Qualitative comments – let’s add the number of respondents per each comment that was made.

Q14 – is a great information tool for Statscan, about different ways that the information is being used with data partners. No qualitative mention about poverty strategy or public health initiatives.

Q21 thru Q26 – adding the number of respondents per each comment.

Expanding any acronyms to include the full name.

Everyone will add the numbering to the questions based on the original survey question numbering.

Slide 16 (Ian) – some information is misleading because of discrepancy between data universes and individual census variables. Looking for the census variables that are part of the universe. Do not want to drop the whole universe in the final data package.

Q“Are there any datasets that were included that you would like to exclude from 2011?”

Only had 58 respondents.

Will remove any references to specific consortium members or areas in the final slide deck, so that no one is put on the spot.

Tracey’s spreadsheet – many comments, will continue reviewing and categorizing into themes. May be included in the final presentation over a number of slides.

Postal codes – used as a cross-reference table to match PC’s with other sources of data (ie. administrative).

Geography is a separate and important issue. Example of Timiskaming, which is a very rural area. Michel, Peggy and Tracey are meeting with STC staff later this month, to discuss licensing.

Ken’s slides:

Q. CSDS Users as Members of CCSD – adding the number instead of the percentages.

There is a sliding membership rate for organizations, based on organization size. Individual memberships are a flat rate.

Distinction between NGO and Non-profit = can add the non-profit responses into the pie chart under NGO.

Small typo on the last slide “consultant”.

Re-formatting to match the CDC template.

Isabelle’s slides:

  • The STC geographies (CD, CSD, DA, CT, CMA) are very useful.

  • The non-STC geographies were not considered as useful,

  • For question “Please rate the usefulness of the following CSDS geographies on a scale of one to five”, will keep the table instead of the chart.

  • Q” Are there any standard levels of geography that were not included in the 2006 CSDS data that you would like to include in the 2011 CSDS data?” group decided okay to keep Consortium names.

  • Isabelle and Irena will review Isabelle’s slides and validate.

  • Trace will add the responses from question “Does your organization use custom levels of geography (such as neighbourhoods)? If so, please briefly describe how they are defined and their purpose.”.

  • Q” Are there any levels of geography that were included in the 2006 CSDS that you would like to exclude from the 2011 CSDS?” – Irena will validate this question as well.

  • Tracey will validate slides 9 thru 11.

  • Q” As a CSDS member, are you satisfied with the level of communication?”. Keep the table.

 

Any group members that created slides based on questions will renumber based on the original survey question numbering that Tracey will send to the whole group.

 

The group will review the survey results and discuss what the priority areas and key responses, as well as where they will fit into the March meeting agenda on the next teleconference. Each group member will take their own section and highlight what the priority responses/trends are in preparation for the next teleconference.

Distribute the powerpoint/pdf version to the larger group prior to the March meeting so that they have a chance to review before the meeting.

Tracey asked to get the slides from group members by Monday so that she can assemble.

March meeting:

15 minute work group update

Also opportunity to discuss during geography discussion.

Next meeting:

Monday Feb 14 @ 1:30 EST

To focus on the trends and key themes from the survey results.