CONSORTIUM END‑USE LICENCE AGREEMENT
Third party data provider is the owner or a licensee of all intellectual property rights (including copyright) of the data products. As an employee of the organization (hereinafter referred to as the "licensee") has been granted a non‑exclusive, non‑assignable and non‑transferable licence to use the data products subject to the terms below. This license is not a sale of any or all of the rights of the owner(s).
1. All copyright and proprietary notices and all conditions of use associated with the data products must be communicated to all users of the data product.
2. The licensee shall not lend, rent, lease, sub‑licence, transfer or sell any part of the data products nor any right granted under this agreement to any person outside the licensed organisation or to any other organisation.
3. The licensee shall not disassemble, decompile or in any way attempt to reverse engineer any software provided as part of the data products.
4. The licensee shall not use any part of the data products to develop or derive any other data product or data service for distribution or commercial sale.
5. The licensee is granted reasonable rights of use of the content of the data products only for personal, corporate or public policy research, as well as for educational purposes. This permission includes the use of the content in analyses and the reporting of results and conclusions, including the citation of limited amounts of supporting data extracted from the data products in such documents. In such cases, the source of the data must be acknowledged in all such documents and communications by providing the following source citation at the bottom of each table and graph:
Source (or "Adapted from", if appropriate): Name of data provider, name of product, catalogue number of product, reference date of product.
6. The Licensee shall obtain approval from the data provider, before publishing any significant volumes of material extracted from the data products in any medium.
7. Any violation of this license renders it void and of no effect. This agreement will terminate automatically without notice if the licensee fails to comply with any term of this agreement. In the event of termination, the licensee must immediately return the data products to CCSD or destroy it and certify this destruction in writing to CCSD.
WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMERS
The data products are provided "as‑is", and third party data providers make no warranty, either express or implied, including but not limited to, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will third party data providers be liable for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or other damages however caused.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to ensure that your use of the data products complies with these terms and to seek prior written permission from CCSD for any uses not permitted or not specified in this agreement. Any infringement of third party data provider’s rights may result in legal action.
ANY USE WHATSOEVER OF THIS DATA PRODUCT SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS MAY RESULT IN TERMINATION OF THIS LICENCE.
For further information please contact the Canadian Council on Social Development.